Sunday, August 3, 2014

To Travel is to take a Journey into Yourself...Danny Kaye

 

So I've been back from Cairns for two weeks and meaning to write this every day........

 

Had a great time, achieved what I set out to and learnt a lot.

 

I can investigate a strange place all by myself

 

I can use some social courage and make myself meet and talk to other people

 

I am fitter than I was a couple of years ago and I can walk a lot longer than I used to, but I'm still not so great on the whole uphill stairs thing....an ongoing goal in progress!!

 

I don't need to wait until I'm with someone else to enjoy doing things in the world, I snorkelled, and I marvelled at nature, I learnt about different cultures, I enjoyed meals and shows and I did all of that by myself.

 

Staying in a hostel is infinitely better for all of the above than staying in a hotel

 

The Great Barrier Reef is incredible. If the other 7 natural wonders of the world are as outstanding maybe visiting all of them over the next few years will become my next goal!

 

 

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Mary Ritter Beard

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment