Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Farewell Las Vegas

Vive, Vive Las Vegas.
Well it kind of feels like a bit of an alternate reality land. Gambling everywhere. Debauchery of every kind there for the asking.
Anything goes.
And everything stays in Vegas!

Having never been on my list of places to visit I'm glad circumstances conspired to get me there.

Feeling a lot more confident with travelling. Could figure out the air trains and getting from terminal to terminal and to vastly big and far apart gates now. Figured out how to add baggage as I was checking in with a cheap ticket hat didn't have baggage as part of the cost. And nary a meltdown or sign of one at any time. Even when I got to this massive luggage collection hall with 16 huge carousels when I arrived after 24 hours of travelling and I had no idea which one mine would come out on!) I think my meltdown in Sweden airport in January has served me well for all future travelling!)

Everywhere I went in the Vegas airport I kept taking photos of the pokie machines ad I thought it must be the last lot. At the check in, before security, after security, getting off the air train, the foyer of the gates, the departure gate. Took photos each time coz I though ah the last sign of gambling in Vegas nay to find more at the next stop

Was all checked out with 15 mins to spare before the shuttle on last morning so I cashed in my $17 winnings from the other night into a math ine. Gotta to $40, then down to $15, then back up to $47 when I had to cash out to get the shuttle. Guess that'll pay for a couple of taxi fares!
And with that I flew out of Las Vegas, headed to San Francisco via Los Angeles.
And now I can say I have at least touched down in Los Angeles!








No comments:

Post a Comment