Thursday, July 17, 2014

Crocodiles, Snakes and A Very Hot Day

 

There is a Malayan proverb that says : "Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."

How fascinating these primitive creatures are. I spent today at hartleys crocodile and wildlife adventures. Those crocodiles are amazing. you wouldn't even know they are in the water and the next minute they are jumping and jaw snapping at some proffered food.

 
 
 
 

The better. pictures are again on my camera, so will need to wait until I'm united with my computer? tu an awesome day.


 

 

 

Had salt and pepper crocodile for lunch. Kinda tasted like chicken really.

 


I've eaten lion, leopard, crocodile, python. I don't recommend lion. It tastes exactly like when a tomcat comes into your house and sprays. Snake and crocodile are great - a cross between lobster and chicken.

Wilbur Smith



 

The baby croc was quite cool to hold, really soft. Completely not what I expected.

 

The snake on the other hand.....! The lady took a photo and then said she didn't think it was great and maybe she should take another one. I assured her it would be fine and to get the damn thing off me straight away. You could really feel it's muscles and it's power and strength trying to squirm around on you!

 

Another great day. Although hot again. Hit over 26 today. It's supporting though how quickly you get used to the temperatures. I think I'm in for a rude surprise when I land in NZ tomorrow night!

Off to a dinner and show at the aboriginal centre tonight.

 

And then packing in the morning. Have to be at the airport by 10 am.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment