Sunday, July 13, 2014

First Impressions Sunday July 13

 

Left Auckland early this morning. Arrived in Cairns 11am, Brisbane time.

 

Dumped my pack in a locker at the hostel seen as it was about 3 hours too early to check in and wandered around Cairns for a couple of hours getting my bearings.

 

The lagoon pool, kind of like this big public infinity pool right on the shore of the ocean was pretty cool. Although the number of young, skinny, bronzed girls lying on every available surface is slightly off putting to the not young, not skinny and not bronzed.And yes, I know, I can hear a couple of you asking for photos! Was going to take some for you guys but thought I might look like too much of a perve!

 

Walking around for a couple of hours in the 25 degree heat certainly worked up a sweat even if I didn't find any steps to climb! Am on the second floor of the hostel though- 20 stairs and I've done it at least 10 times today plus a couple of sets in the shopping mall opposite!

 

Sat in a bar and listened to some cool live music with a couple of beers this afternoon. Chatted to a couple of people in the bar, and another couple back at the hostel. Have to say though, Cairns seems very full of young people here to party.

 

Going up north tomorrow: Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas and Daintree Rainforest. A big day.

 

It's now 7.30 pm Brisbane time and I've been up since 4.45am NZ time so might get organised for tomorrow's 12 hour tour and try to get a good sleep in so I can tackle the rainforest walking tomorrow with vim and vigour.

Make the most of having a room to myself at the moment!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment