Friday, January 17, 2014

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

 

January 16

 

After a couple of days wandering round Krakow we went to Auschwitz yesterday..

 

My overwhelming impression was of the vastness, I didn't expect it to be as big as it is.

 

I'm not going to write much about it, it's hard to put it into words. A very sobering few hours, full of contemplation of what was, why it happened and how we ensure it never happens again.

There were some really thought provoking and disturbing exhibits. I'm not going to write about them, I'll just post a few photos

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment