Sunday, January 5, 2014

To reminisce with my old friends, to tell our stories and to play our songs again.

To reminisce with my old friends, to tell our stories and to play our songs again. Ricky Nelson

 

 

Day 12 Saturday January 4

 

Today was spent journeying into the past.

I left Angela with a number of things to suss out for us for our next two days in Melbourne, while I travelled about an hour out of Melbourne to catch up with Brianna and Merrin.

Friends from the good old days teaching in Fiji. We reminisced on days teaching and living in Fiji and listened to each other's stories from the last ten years since we last caught up.

 

( Brianna, Merrin and Lewis at the lookout over Ballarat.)

I got to meet one of their children, Lewis, and we had a lovely lakeside lunch. I caught them up in what the 25 year old Sam they used to baby sit as a 10 year old was up to!

The time went way too fast, and I was on my way back to Melbourne. we won't be leaving it for another 10 years to catch up. Maybe we will all meet up in Fiji one day!

The journey to the past continued with a stroll and some dinner in Chinatown, heading towards Her Majesty's Theatre where we had been lucky enough to get great tickets for a live show of the musical Grease.

 

What a great way to end a journey to the past. Angela hadn't stopped smiling yet!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment